As we are approaching the end of the green beans season, we propose for today a Green Bean With Garlic Dish. Very easy to make and ready in less than 45 minutes, this source of fibers offers a lot of benefits: regulating blood sugar, helping to loose weight and possible keep the cancer away (shown in medical reports that beans are creating an environment not liked by the pancreatic, colon, breast and prostate cancer).
It is important to use hot water just after adding the beans, so don”t forget to have it prepared before starting cooking.
- 1.65 lb / 750g green beans (a.k.a baby beans, mangetout, etc.)
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups (1 liter) of hot water
- tomato sauce
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Preheat the water before starting the recipe. It is important to use hot water from the very beginning of the cooking.
- Fry the onion in hot oil.
- Add the green beans and, 1 minute after, the hot water, then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, bouillon cube and salt to taste.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and then simmer for 5 more minutes.
If you want a kind of soup disk, double the quantities of water, bouillon cubes and garlic. For consistency, when adding the tomato sauce you can add 3 tablespoons of flour dissolved in cold water.