Grilled pineapple is always popular on the barbecue, but you’ll love this fresh take with a lovely sweet salty sprinkle. Here’s how to make this refreshing side dish, vegetarian recipe, for your next barbecue.
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp mint (finely sliced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pineapple (peeled, cored)
- spray oil spray
- In a small bowl, mix the caster sugar, lime zest, chili, mint leaves and salt together and set aside.
- Heat a barbecue hot plate (or frying pan if cooking inside) to medium.
- While barbecue is heating, slice pineapple. You can leave in rings, slice in halves, wedges – however you want your plate to look.
- Spray each pineapple slice with oil and add to the hot plate.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes per side before removing, placing on a plate and sprinkling with chili lime sugar.
Courtesy of Kidspot Kitchen – Australia