This Chicken Pesto Penne pasta is flavored with oven roasted tomatoes and basil pesto. It is easy on the budget, loved by the kids and moreover, it is Dairy Free, Egg Free and Soy Free.
Note: When selecting the pasta, make sure it don’t contains Eggs!!!
- 3 unit tomato (large, ripe, halved)
- 500 g penne pasta
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 jar basil pesto
- 2 unit chicken breast (skin off)
- Preheat oven to 180C (160 fan-forced).
- Once the oven reached the desired temperature, place tomatoes, cut side up on an oven tray. Drizzle oil on top. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the pasta.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve a cup of the cooking water and drain and place pasta back in the pot.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil and panfry until just cooked through.
- Rest chicken for 5 minutes and slice. Reserve juices.
- Mash tomatoes with a fork and place in the pot with the pasta, pesto and chicken slices. Combine all ingredients, adding some of the reserved pasta water if required.
Courtesy of Kidspot Kitchen – Australia