Are you looking for something sweet and salty? Try these Plums & Almond Chicken. The sweetness comes from the honey and dry plums while the chicken gives the taste and the juicy meat. You can find below the recipe for 4 persons.
With a preparation time of 20 min and a cooking time of 55 – 60 minutes, this delicious chicken will be a delight for your entire family.
During the cooking of the chicken, prepare the plums, honey and almonds. They will add the sweet taste to this dish, while the chicken will ensure the salty, textured part.
- 1 cut up chicken
- 12 dried pitted plums
- 150 grams of blanched almonds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat the oil in a tagine dish (you can use an ordinary cooking dish as well). Add the bay leaf. Brown the chicken 5 minutes, turning regularly. Peel and cut the onions into slices. Add them to the chicken. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Add one glass of water and season with cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- In parallel, re-hydrate the plums in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and place them in a pot with almonds, honey and a glass of water. Glaze them for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add this mixture to the tagine 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Before serving, sprinkle it with cinnamon and sesame.
Enjoy the Sweet and Salty Plums & Almond Chicken.