I know it’s hard to believe but you have to try it! It is very easy to prepare and you’ll become addicted to it, just like us ☺. All our guests that have try it couldn’t believe that they are Egg Free Marshmallows or even guess the secret ingredient; also I can’t describe well enough the joy of our daughter when she has this as dessert! They are also very easy to make and safe- it is very easy to obtain a disastrous result when you are baking a cake without any eggs, milk or soy, but with this recipe… it’s a safe choice ☺. Enough with the commercials, just try this recipe.
If you buy canned chickpea for our delicious recipe of hummus ☺ don’t throw away the liquid because it is very rich in proteins and you can make delicious marshmallows. Now… the other way around: if you decided to bake this recipe and you have drained the liquid but you are stuck with some chickpeas, well, try the hummus recipe on this site.
- 100 ml (0.25 lb) aquafaba (is the common name for the cooking liquid of chickpeas or the viscous canned chickpea liquid you usually dump down the drain)
- 130 g (0.3 pound) sugar
- 30 g (0.06 pound) vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Drain the liquid of a canned chickpea and measure 100 ml (0.25 lb) and put it in the mixer’s bowl together with a pinch of salt. Mix it a little bit, just until the liquid starts to be foamy.
- Add the vanilla sugar first, little by little.
- Add the normal sugar in the same way (you can use a tablespoon to add the sugar spoon by spoon).
- Mix well, until the texture of the foam becomes shiny and hard. It should not fell off from the spoon, exactly like the texture for the marshmallows from eggs.
- When the mixture has the right texture it is time to put it on a cooking paper, in a tray. You can put small amounts from the mixture with a spoon, on the cooking paper or you can use a cooking bag with a decorative head for the strips.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven at 100 degrees Celsius for 1,5 -2 hours maximum. We tried the recipe with 2 hours but now we are letting them in the oven just one and a half hour because we love the fact that they are well dried and hard at the exterior but the interior is still foamy. They don’t taste anything like chickpea, they have a vanilla sweet taste, a marshmallow texture and they are very good for vegetarians or people with egg or dairy allergies.
Enjoy the egg free Marshmallows!