It took me a lot of time to discover that we can actually make pancakes without any allergens (no milk, no soy, no eggs).
Actually, we have started to look for a replacement for pancakes because of our daughter who came home one day from kindergarten saying that they baked pancakes and she wasn’t allowed to eat. Imagine our frustration! Anyway, since then we have tried lots of recipes until we finally find one that met all our criteria. It is fast, easy and tasty. The large choice of fillings can make this one of the favorite week-end family activity.
- 1 cup of sparkling water (2 cups if you are looking for thinner pancakes)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 0.1 lb/50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- Sunflower oil
- A pinch of salt
- Put the flour, sugar , vanilla sugar and salt in a big bowl and mix.
- Add 1 cup of sparkling water, the oil and mix carefully. If you would like thin pancakes like the ones in our pictures, put 2 cups of sparkling water.
- Heat the greased pan with just a little bit of oil and pour a ladle of the resulted mix. Try to spread the mixture on the entire surface of the pan.
- Fry on both sides.
- You can serve them with sugar, jam, marmalade.
The sparkling water makes the real difference here. I find this being the best solution between a lot of other mixes. It allows as well to make a light pancake, yet tasty.
Don’t desperate if you are throwing away the first pancake. It happens to me in 90% of the cases. Once the sacrifice is made, the rest goes just perfect.
You can use the pancakes for salty dishes as well. Just improvise and … share with us your craziest ideas.
Enjoy the allergen free Pancakes!
Looking for egg-free marshmallows? Soon to be added!